The Giga 275 Carbon Mountain Bike Frame from Nukeproof is a top-level super-enduro frame that's engineered to be compatible with modern mountain bike components. Ideal for competitive enduro racing and hardcore trail riding, this frame is the ideal foundation for your next full-suspension trail slayer. This model features a full carbon frame that’s equipped with a Fox Factory Kashima X2 rear shock and is compatible with modern components.
Gluttony – Habitual Greed or Excess
As riders, we are all guilty of the gluttonous sin; we never stop striving, never stop pushing, enough is never enough in the hunt for the ultimate. It’s a constant push for bigger, longer, rougher and faster with ever increasing demands on the performance and capabilities of our bike. The pursuit is endless.
It’s a motto that athletes like Sam Hill live by. The new Nukeproof Giga is the embodiment of this idea; Designed to be the ultimate hard-hitting Super-Enduro weapon for when you just need more.
180mm Travel Full Suspension Super Enduro Carbon Frame
The Giga is a seriously capable machine, with 180mm (27.5”) or 170mm (29”) rear travel; the Giga is a monster truck of a bike that has travel in reserve for when you need it. But to pigeonhole it as a point and shoot machine would be a disservice as it is so much more capable than this might suggest! Due to the way that it uses its travel; the Giga gives you the feel of a big bike, yet the versatility of a modern super-enduro bike. The Giga has a dynamic and confidence inspiring ride to help you push your limits in all kinds of terrain. It’s equally at home at big mountain technical enduro stages of venues like La Thuile, as it is lapping the biggest lines in the Whistler bike park.
The suspension is designed to be super supple off the top, whilst being supportive in the mid stroke and progressive throughout the rest of the travel. The anti-squat is optimized to ensure the Giga descends like a hooligan yet behaves itself on the climb back to the top for the next run.
The suspension platform is based on the same horseshoe driven linkage as our award-winning Dissent downhill frame, albeit now with a 2-stage main pivot flip chip. Using an eccentric axle system, riders can alter the Kinematic progressivity; so the bike can be tailored to suit the conditions on the trail with only an 8mm allen key.
- Setting 1 = 25.5% progression
- Setting 2 = 29% progression
Both settings have a super supple beginning for small bump compliance. They also both have good mid-stroke support for better cornering and pumping. Like the Dissent, the progression drops off in the end stroke to prevent mid-stroke harshness or spiking and allows more tuning options with volume spacers.
The + Progressive setting can be used to add shock progression on a coil set up just like adding a volume spacer to an air shock. The added suppleness is also good in wet and slippery conditions.
Stiff, Strong and Lightweight Carbon Construction
The Giga Frame is constructed completely from UD 700/800 Carbon fiber. This allowed Nukeproof to optimize the stiffness and compliance of the frame parts individually. The front triangle has been tailored for stability and precision, whilst the rear triangle was designed for compliance to help tracking and provide grip. Another bonus of the carbon rear triangle is that it has a lower un-sprung mass for ultimate suspension performance.
Long, Low and Slack Modern Enduro Geometry
Available in 5 sizes (Small to XXL) in either 27.5” or 29” wheel size, there is the perfect fit for everyone. The frame geometry is Long, Low, Slack and Steep as it is based around Nukeproof's saddle offset principle, which ensures the seated riding position is tailored across all sizes, with steeper seat angles on bigger frames. The Seat tube is also designed for maximum seat post insertion to allow maximum drop.
Integrated Rear Mud Guard and 2.5" Tire Clearance
The Giga is also sculptured to fit a 750ml water bottle (carbon bottle cage included) as well as an accessory mount under the top tube for emergency trail tools. All models also feature an integrated rear mud guard and plenty of clearance for up to 2.5” tires. The frames feature a clear paint protection kit as standard with 3D contoured rubber downtube, seat and chain stay protection.
Frame only options come complete with Nukeproof Headset (fitted) and seat clamp with a custom tuned Fox Factory series X2 shock and SRAM Maxle.
The Nukeproof GIGA: Gluttony is not a sin.
- Frame: Nukeproof Giga 275 Carbon, 180mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD Carbon Fiber frame, adjustable main pivot, ISCG 05 mounts, Threaded 73mm BB
- Internally piped cable routing
- Enduro Bearings
- Threaded 73mm BB
- Boost 148mm rear axle spacing
- 3D contoured Rubber frame protection
- Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covering TT/DT/CS/SS
- Shock: Fox Float X2, Factory Series, Kashima, EVOL, 2 Position lever, Custom CM, RM, Rezi CM tune, 205x65mm, Trunnion with Bearing End, 1x 0.3 spacer fitted. (SHORT ID: D63P)
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Accessories: Nukeproof Carbon Water Bottle Cage
- Weight: 3.88Kgs/8.55lbs (Tubeless)
- Material: Ultra Strong T700/800 Monocoque Carbon Fiber
- Fork Travel: 180mm
- Axle to Crown: 572mm
- Fork Offset: 37mm
- Rear Travel: 180mm
- Wheels Size: 27.5"
- Max Tire Size: 2.5"
- Recommended Shock Sag (Measured seated): 25%
- Shock Size: 205x65mm
- Shock Hardware F: TRUNNION
- Shock Hardware R: 30x8mm
- Headtube: 44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated
- Headset: ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8
- Bearings Required: 2x 6901-2RS MAX, 4x 6902-2RS MAX, 2x6804-2RS MAX, 2x 6900-2RS MAX
- Seatpost: 31.6mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)
- Seat Clamp: 36.4mm
- BB: Threaded 73mm BSA
- Rear Hub: Boost 148x12mm
- Rear Axle: SRAM UDH Maxle Stealth M12x1.0 180mm (Thread Length 13mm)
- Chain Guide: ISCG05
- Brake Mount: 200mm Direct Post
- Protection: 3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS
Buy Nukeproof Frames & Forks from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Artichoke Green, Overcast Blue
- Frame Size: XL, S, M, L, XXL
- Gender: Unisex
- Material: Carbon