Bringing younger riders a fun ride with outstanding control and durability, the Cub-Scout 20 Race model will help budding mountain bike stars to take on tough trails with confidence. With a kid's aluminium frame that benefits from the award-winning design of Nukeproof’s adult Scout bikes, this kid's hardtail is ready for anything. It comes built up with BOX Components 1x8 gears, Manitou Machete air forks, Tektro hydraulic disc brakes and a tough WTB/Nukeproof wheelset.
This 20" kids bike has been designed from the ground-up as a proper mini-mountain bike. It features a hard-wearing custom-butted and hydroformed alloy frameset, which makes it perfect for kids to learn the ropes of riding on. Nukeproof has also equipped this model with a range of kids specific components to inspire confidence on the trails and act as the ideal platform for progression. Coming equipped with up-to-date long, low and slack kids geometry, this ride is available in 20”, 24” or 26” options; meaning that there should be a bike to suit kids of all sizes from aged 5 and up.
Developed and tested with the help of Nukeproof's own children, Nukeproof has created a class-leading lightweight kids bike range to inspire and nurture budding future World Cup or EWS winners.
KIDS SPECIFIC COMPONENTS
Proper fit and function of components are essential for kids bikes because adult components are not optimised for smaller people. To ensure that these bikes fit and function perfectly, Nukeproof took the time to test and develop its own or work with its partners to select the best kids-specific components they could find on the market.
KID SPECIFIC PARTS INCLUDE:
- Cub-Scout 20” Frame
- Nukeproof 20”+ Rigid fork
- Tektro Hydraulic Disc Brakes with short stroke levers for smaller hands
- Nukeproof Urchin Saddle
- Nukeproof Urchin Handlebar (20” – 600mm/24” – 640mm/26” – 700mm)
- Nukeproof Urchin Grips
- 127mm Samox 2 piece Crank
- WTB STi 30 TCS Rims (Tubeless Ready)
- Large Volume 2.6” Vee Rubber Crown Gem Tyres to ensure grip and a smooth ride
- Frame: Nukeproof Cub-Scout 20”, custom butted hydro-formed 6061 Alloy, threaded bottom bracket, 142mm Bolt-thru rear axle spacing
- Fork: Manitou Machete JUNIT 20” Expert Air, 80mm Travel, 1.5 Tapered Steerer, 40mm Offset, BOOST 15x110mm Bolt-thru Axle
- Axle to Crown: 385mm
- Fork Offset: 38mm
- Front Wheel: Nukeproof Neutron 15x110mm hub on WTB STi30 20" TCS Rim
- Rear Wheel: Nukeproof Neutron 12x142mm hub on WTB STi30 20" TCS Rim
- Wheel Size: 20"
- Tyres: Front: Vee Rubber Flow Snap 20" x 2.4” Skinwall, Tackee Compound, Rear: Vee Rubber Flow Snap 20" x 2.4” Skinwall, MPC Compound
- Max Tyre Size: 2.6"
- Crankset: Samox TAF38J 2 Piece Crank 127mm, 32T, BCD 104mm
- Protection: Kevlar Chainstay Protector
- Brakes: Tektro M291 Kids Specific Hydraulic Brakes, Direct Post mount
- Front Rotor: Tektro Wave, 160mm
- Rear Rotor: Tektro Wave, 160mm
- Rear Derailleur: BOX FOUR Short Cage 8-Speed with Clutch
- Chain: BOX FOUR 8-Speed
- Chain Guide: ISCG05
- Cassette: Sunrace CSM680 8-Speed, 11-42T
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Urchin 600mm Wide, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 35mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Urchin, Black
- Seatpost: Nukeproof Urchin, Black, 27.2mm, 300mm Long, 0 Offset
- Seat Clamp: 31.8mm
- Headset: Nukeproof Warhead, 44-44 IESS, ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS44/30-S - B3 (For Straight Steerer fork)
- Bottom Bracket: Threaded 68mm BSA
- Grips: Nukeproof Urchin Single Clamp lock on, 115mm Long, Soft Compound
- Weight: 10.8kg
- Colour: Racing Red
- Wheel Size: 20"
- Gender: Unisex
- Age Group: Kids
- Speed: 8 Speed
- Material: Aluminium
- Fork Travel: 80mm