Based on the same design as the adult version of the award-winning Scouts, the Cub-Scout 24 Sport combines a tough, aluminum frame with trail-ready components. Ready to give younger riders the control they need for challenging trails, it comes with a wide range Box Components 1x8-speed drivetrain with an 11-46T cassette, RST 100mm travel forks and reliable, kid-specific Tektro hydraulic disc brakes.
This 20" kids bike has been designed from the ground-up as a proper mini-mountain bike. It features a hard-wearing custom-butted and hydroformed alloy frameset, which makes it perfect for kids to learn the ropes of riding on. Nukeproof has also equipped this model with a range of kids specific components to inspire confidence on the trails and act as the ideal platform for progression. Coming equipped with up-to-date long, low and slack kids geometry, this ride is available in 20”, 24” or 26” options; meaning that there should be a bike to suit kids of all sizes from aged 5 and up.
Developed and tested with the help of Nukeproof's own children, Nukeproof has created a class-leading lightweight kids bike range to inspire and nurture budding future World Cup or EWS winners.
KIDS SPECIFIC COMPONENTS
Proper fit and function of components are essential for kids bikes because adult components are not optimized for smaller people. To ensure that these bikes fit and function perfectly, Nukeproof took the time to test and develop its own or work with its partners to select the best kids-specific components they could find on the market.
KID SPECIFIC PARTS INCLUDE:
- Cub-Scout 24” Frame
- RST First 24-15 Suspension forks with custom optimised damping for lighter riders
- Tektro Hydraulic Disc Brakes with short stroke levers for smaller hands
- Nukeproof Urchin Saddle
- Nukeproof Urchin Handlebar (20” – 600mm/24” – 640mm/26” – 700mm)
- Nukeproof Urchin Grips
- 152mm Samox 2 piece Crank
- WTB STi 30 TCS Rims (Tubeless Ready)
- Large Volume 2.4” Vee Rubber Tyres to ensure grip and a smooth ride
- Frame: Nukeproof Cub-Scout 24”, custom butted hydro-formed 6061 Alloy, internal cable routing for dropper seat post, threaded bottom bracket, 142mm Bolt-thru rear axle spacing
- Fork: RST First 24-15 Air Suspension forks, 1 1/8th Steerer, 38mm Offset, 15x100mm Bolt-thru Axle
- Axle to Crown: 455mm
- Fork Offset: 38mm
- Front Wheel: Joytec D041-15 15x100mm hub on WTB STi30 24" TCS Rim
- Rear Wheel: Joytec D952TSE-X12 12x142mm hub on WTB STi30 24" TCS Rim
- Wheel Size: 24"
- Tires: Front: Vee Rubber Flow Snap 24" x 2.4” Skinwall, Tackee Compound, Rear: Vee Rubber Flow Snap 24" x 2.4” Skinwall, MPC Compound
- Max Tire Size: 2.6"
- Crankset: Samox TAF38J 2 Piece Crank 152mm, 32T, BCD: 104mm
- Protection: Kevlar Chainstay Protector
- Brakes: Tektro M276 Kids Specific Hydraulic Brakes
- Front Rotor: Tektro Wave, 160mm
- Rear Rotor: Tektro Wave, 160mm
- Rear Derailleur: BOX FOUR Short Cage 8-Speed with Clutch
- Chain: BOX FOUR 8-Speed
- Chain Guide: ISCG05
- Cassette: Sunrace CSMS2 8-Speed, 11-46T
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Urchin 640mm Wide, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- Stem: OEM 50mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Urchin, Black
- Seatpost: Nukeproof Urchin, Black, 27.2mm, 300mm Long, 0 Offset
- Seat Clamp: 31.8mm
- Headset: Nukeproof Warhead, 44-44 IESS, ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS44/30-S - B3 (For Straight Steerer fork)
- Bottom Bracket: Threaded 68mm BSA
- Grips: Nukeproof Urchin Single Clamp lock on, 115mm Long, Soft Compound
- Colour: Bullet Grey
- Wheel Size: 24"
- Gender: Unisex
- Age Group: Kids
- Speed: 8 Speed
- Material: Aluminium
- Fork Travel: 100mm