Taking its inspiration from Nukeproof’s full sized, award-winning Scout bikes, the Cub-Scout 26 Sport is a kid's hardtail mountain bike that’s ready for the toughest trails. Fun to ride, tough and perfectly sized for smaller riders, it enables younger cyclists to confidently push their limits. This is because it comes kitted out with X-Fusion 100mm travel suspension forks, powerful Tektro disc brakes and a wide range Box Components 1x8 drivetrain.
This 20" kids bike has been designed from the ground-up as a proper mini-mountain bike. It features a hard-wearing custom-butted and hydroformed alloy frameset, which makes it perfect for kids to learn the ropes of riding on. Nukeproof has also equipped this model with a range of kids specific components to inspire confidence on the trails and act as the ideal platform for progression. Coming equipped with up-to-date long, low and slack kids geometry, this ride is available in 20”, 24” or 26” options; meaning that there should be a bike to suit kids of all sizes from aged 5 and up.
Developed and tested with the help of Nukeproof's own children, Nukeproof has created a class-leading lightweight kids bike range to inspire and nurture budding future World Cup or EWS winners.
KIDS SPECIFIC COMPONENTS
Proper fit and function of components are essential for kids bikes because adult components are not optimized for smaller people. To ensure that these bikes fit and function perfectly, Nukeproof took the time to test and develop its own or work with its partners to select the best kids-specific components they could find on the market.
KID SPECIFIC PARTS INCLUDE:
- Cub-Scout 26” Frame X-Fusion RC32 Air Suspension forks Tektro Hydraulic Disc Brakes with short stroke levers for smaller hands
- Nukeproof Urchin Saddle Nukeproof Urchin Handlebar (20” – 600mm/24” – 640mm/26” – 700mm)
- Nukeproof Urchin Grips
- 160mm Samox 2 piece Crank
- WTB STi 30 TCS Rims (Tubeless Ready)
- Large Volume 2.5” Maxxis Minion DHF Tires to ensure grip and a smooth ride
- Frame: Nukeproof Cub-Scout 26”, custom butted hydro-formed 6061 Alloy, internal cable routing for dropper seat post, threaded bottom bracket, 142mm Bolt-thru rear axle spacing
- Fork: X-Fusion RC32 27.5” Air Suspension forks, 100mm travel, 1.5” Tapered Steerer, 46mm Offset, 15x110mm Bolt-thru Axle
- Axle to Crown: 514mm
- Fork Offset: 46mm
- Front Wheel: Joytec D041-B15 15x110mm BOOST hub on WTB STi30 26" TCS Rim
- Rear Wheel: oytec D952TSE-X12 12x142mm hub on WTB STi30 26" TCS Rim
- Wheel Size: 26"
- Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF 26x2.5" EXO TR (Tubeless Ready)
- Max Tire Size: 2.6"
- Crankset: Samox TAF38J 2 Piece Crank 160mm, 32T, BCD 104mm
- Protection: Kevlar Chainstay Protector
- Brakes: Tektro M276 Kids Specific Hydraulic Brakes
- Front Rotor: Tektro Wave, 160mm
- Rear Rotor: Tektro Wave, 160mm
- Rear Derailleur: BOX FOUR Short Cage 8-Speed with Clutch
- Chain: BOX FOUR 8-Speed
- Chain Guide: ISCG05
- Cassette: Sunrace CSMS2 8-Speed, 11-46T
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Urchin 700mm Wide, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- Stem: OEM 50mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Urchin, Black
- Seatpost: Nukeproof Urchin, Black, 27.2mm, 300mm Long, 0 Offset
- Seat Clamp: 31.8mm
- Headset: Nukeproof Warhead, 44-44 IESS, ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS44/30-S - B3 (For Straight Steerer fork)
- Bottom Bracket: Threaded 68mm BSA
- Grips: Nukeproof Urchin Single Clamp lock on, 115mm Long, Soft Compound
- Colour: Bullet Grey
- Wheel Size: 26"
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 8 Speed
- Material: Aluminium
- Fork Travel: 120mm